How to get the perfect hair colour for this summer.
Yesterday, I went hair product shopping with a friend and abused her Sally’s loyalty card. Since the weather is getting warmer I wanted to change my hair colour for the summer. Having tanned skin and dark features, I feel like I am very limited to what I can do to my hair to suit my skin colour without looking silly. Going lighter than a chocolate brown is not even an option to consider, so I decided to experiment with bleach and dip dye my hair myself.
I don’t know why, but I am one of those people who are never satisfied with the treatment from salons. It never meets my expectations and I always seem to be happy with what I can do myself, wither it is makeup, shaping eyebrows or colouring hair, I even cut my own hair.
So here’s the experiment I did and I am very pleased with the result. I can’t believe how easy it was. I will share my tips with you guys step by step; I feel like this is something anyone can do at home.
List of products you need:
Bleach (I used blonder by Wella)
Crème Peroxide (If you have dark hair you need the highest volume, I used 12% which is 40 Volume)
Colour (any colour You want, I used blonde to cancel the red and give me the warm blonde dips)
Conditioner (I used L’Oreal ‘Vitamino color’, this is a good conditioner for coloured hair)
Mixing bowl, Brush and gloves.
How you do it:
- Mix the bleach powder with the crème peroxide. The ratio for this is 1:1
- Section hair and start applying to the hair
- Keep testing the elasticity of the hair making sure its not damaging.
- When happy with the colour rinse and if you want to apply another colour after DO NOT CONDITION YOUR HAIR.
- When all the colouring part is done, you can apply conditioner
Here is a step by step images of how I dip-dyed my hair.